DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
Student Affairs Department is responsible for students orientation and welcome at the Academy. Student Affairs will assists students in preparing for professional careers by offering assistance with résumé writing, business etiquette, interviewing skills, career coaching, career development counseling, job search strategies, and salary negotiation. Furthermore, Student Affairs will foster relationships with employers in the local community in order to maintain an updated list of available professional positions for our graduates, host job fairs, and provide networking opportunities and field-based learning experiences, such as internships, for our students.
- Assist students develop values and ethical standards for themselves.
- Communicates expectations for student learning.
- Uses resources effectively to achieve institutional missions and goals.
- Create educational partnerships that advance student learning.
- Builds supportive and inclusive communities.
- Assessing the appropriate level of staffing to protect and enhance our commitment to quality teaching.
- Continuing to provide academy students with dynamic student activities, programs, and events.
Developing a strategic, retention model with Academic Affairs to achieve the retention rate as reported in our six-year retention data.
- Providing staff with opportunities to include establishing and developing an Academy of Student Personnel programs